Sunday, June 7, 2009

Concerning Stormtroopers

I received an email from Dylan, 36, from Holland, and he was very interested in how we got all the Stormtrooper armor for the film.

The first idea was not to use any Stormtroopers in this film, the Skenvi Empire had a special elite force called "Skenvi Bandits" and Jonathan McEnroe made a lot of concept drawings for their look. But due to limited budget and time, we decided more or less in the last minute to throw them in.

I was lucky enough to have a few contacts in the "Nordic Garrison" (http://www.nordicgarrison.net/) and I contacted them and told them about the project. Back then, very few people really believed in this project. They hadn't seen anything I'd made in the past and they did not know about the intentions behind this project. But we were lucky enough to get three Stormtroopers showing up on set on the scheduled day. We shoot multiple passes for each scene, so that later in the compositing stage, we could clone them and make it appear as if they are many more than we physically had access to.

On the upcoming shoots, we were lucky to get more people, both Imperial and Rebels, who wanted to be a part of this project when they understand we had serious intentions with this project.

Two years after the principal photography was considered "wrapped", I was offered to buy one of the Stormtrooper suits that was used in the production, and I couldn't reject, since I see it as a such a "mile stone" and it represents a lot of things for me. My love for Star Wars and that it will be something big to remember from the shoot of Threads of Destiny. On the last day of production I wore the armor aswell.

No comments:

Post a Comment