Monday, May 18, 2009

Welcome

Welcome to my first post in this ToD blog. In this blog I am going to talk a little about the origins of Threads of Destiny, as well as posting updates on the current stage of the project.

Back then:

I began working on “Threads of Destiny” back in april of 2005. Back then it was a fan fiction story by Michael Banno, called “The Chosen Force”. Mike and I had recently been working on a short film called “The Wolf Virus” (Swedish title “Vargviruset”) and we talked about more potential future projects.

Both Mike and I are huge Star Wars fans, and had talked about doing a script together. He sent me the fan fiction story he did back in 1999 and I read it and told him; "We might have a good story here. Why not make this into a movie?".

In my opinion, people over the years have been talking and posting in different forums about this dream-come-true-best-ever-fanfilm that they are going to do someday. I think 90 % of that talk is just a waste of peoples time. Not many people actually turn those words and promises into reality. For three reasons; time, money and time. Oh and did I mention it takes time?

I don't want to be "that guy", talking about his fantastic film, and never do anything, so we began writing our Star Wars film together. Back then, I was between High School and military service, so I had 8 months with time on my hands; except for a few work hours a day.

My first wish was to do something about the title. It needed to be changed into something more dynamic and less "fanfilm-esque", and that's how “Threads of Destiny” came to mind, and Mike loved the title.

Now:

Threads of Destiny has developed into this huge project, which back in 2005, I never thought it could be.

I am so grateful to all the people that have been supporting me with their time and energy. Through this project I've made contacts with people in the film industry that I probably couldn't do without.

It's great and I never thought this project would mean so much to other people, and to me.

We get a lot of support e-mails each day from fans, telling us about their excitement regarding the project and how much they are anticipating it. Most of the time, the e-mails are questions about when we are planning to release the film.

And about one year ago, we announced May 2009 for release, and even in the latest trailer it says "30th May 2009". I'm sorry to say that we are not going to make it for a May release. The film is a 2 hour film, with 1900 VFX shots. Pretty much every shot in Threads of Destiny has a visual effect in it.

From greenscreen compositing,to set extensions, rotoscoping, fully cg shots etc you
name it... this is a star wars film, and it's got it all.

Let's not forget; everyone who participates in the making of this film does so on their own spare time. There is no way for me to pay people for their work, even if everyone is doing an excellent job. Paid gigs are always prioritized. Every filmmaker knows how much time and love a project of this scale needs.

I want to quote a dear friend of mine, who also is involved in the project, Christian Kinell. He told me "None remembers a release date for a film, just if the film was good or bad".

But to keep the spirit up, I'm happy to say that we are now very close to our 1000 shot, and will probably pick up much more speed now, since we have few environments left to model. (I think it's just Lord Siege's ship the Dread's cockpit that needs to be modeled from scratch)

For each post I will try to make a little back story on the project. But, if there is anything that you, as a reader, would like to ask: just go ahead and email me and I will try to answer it in my next post.

Rasmus Tirzitis
- Director / Producer

6 comments:

  1. This film looks like its going to be amazing!
    My freinds and I cant wait for it to come out. We are looking forward to this. When do you think the release date is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS LOOKS AWESOME! my classmates and i can't wait til this comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone I know are EXCITED to see this movie!
    I on the other hand am SUPER EXCITED!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS.......LOOKS.......AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This may be the best star wars film EVER

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cant wait to see this. When's this coming out?

    ReplyDelete